Friday, June 11, 2010

Jennifer's Thumbs 2: IN SPACE


I have yet to see Jennifer's Body, but after my dream last night I have resolved to do just that later on this evening. At its core, the dream was what I understood of the plot of the film (having not yet seen it) except set on a military star ship during an intergalactic war.
"So it was awesome, right?"
Right.*

I was a scientist for the earth's military planetary defense council, set out on a research mission with a few other scientists and soldiers to research the bug-like race who we were at war with. Megan Fox is one of the crew, but I only get a glimpse of her before shit gets real. These formics are typically half the size of a man and have mysterious and unexplored societies and attack strategies. Inevitably, one of the crew is attacked as we are observing a derelict bug-ship and we are forced to raise the question of "infection." This is where I first really encounter Megan Fox, but something is off. In a weird Body-Snatcher deja vu, having never actually spoken to her character, I can tell something is different with Megan Fox. Nonetheless, we start to share a distant romance,
all the while as I suffer a growing suspicion for the girl I like.

Cutting to the chase:
1. She develops a sudden obsession with socks/stockings.
2. More people turn up dead/different and Megan Fox is nonplussed, but unconcerned
("You're overreacting.").
3. A short stop at a chilly desert planet to consult with my older brother, Donald Sutherland, also a bug doctor. He sees nothing wrong with my collected evidence on Megan Fox and the others.
4. Terrifying peekaboo moment where I lift up some survey photo-screens and see a few pair of stockings, only to notice Megan, who has been looming there the whole time. She casually turns it into a flirty surprise, but I have since shit my pants.
5. More unrealized romance.
6. Etc.

I will try to turn this into a full-fledged sci-fi horror short, but there are a lot of changes to be made, especially in the casting. Maybe I should leave out the socks as well. Maybe I should just watch the movie and then totally lose interest in the idea.

*She looks angry at my post! Also, expect an edit later with a short review of the flick.

Edit: It was entertaining. I had a few laughs and a boner. I don't know why DP hated it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment