Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Always.

I have standards when it comes to karaoke. Specifically, I will always sing "Always" by Erasure whenever I find it hiding in a song list...always. There are very good reasons for this:
1. It's great.
2. Harmony.
3. Killing the mood for laughs.
And how could I sing anything else in front of strange, drunk crowds? The song itself instructs me to "wear no disguise." I'm nothing if not blindly obedient to the literal translation of lyrics. This is more difficult than you can imagine. It is also no coincidence that, almost simultaneously, Adult Swim released a flash game that was the embodiment and vehicle for the spirit of the tune when I started crooning ancient suburban housewives. Time-Wasting-Link. (prepare for centaur-like insanity)
Needless to say, it takes a few measures before any inebriated audience will accept my message of OH LOVE and HARMONY, HARMONY, but I'm nothing if not dedicated. Every horse must break, just as every centaur must sleep.
This weekend I intend to drag CTuxedo out for a taste of my fanatical devotion to this pop relic. I also intend to force him into a duet and seduce him; babysteps, though, right? No matter what, the fool will have to suffer my singing if he wants to be with me.
And make believe with me.
Etc.
To all those naysayers that expect variety with their infrequent doses of karaoke, what can I say? I'm nothing if not repetitive.

1 comment:

  1. "Well Agamemnon, I hope that slut was worth it."

    - Clytemnestra

    /ancient suburban housewives'd

    ReplyDelete