Friday, March 12, 2010

Long time no see...

Hey.

Oh! Hey!

Yeah, no, it's been forever. I haven't seen you since-- Yeah! Since graduation probably. Huh. Wow. How've you been?

Uh huh. Me too. Yeah.

Soooo, what are you doing at this function? Oh you work at/go to school at/intern at/own this place? Wow, that's great.

Me? Noooo. No, I just... Well, I know some people and-- Look, they said free drinks and that was all I needed to hear. I don't even know who any of these people are.

What am I up to? Oh, you know, the same. Underachieving. Not living up to my potential. Bringing shame upon my family. The usual. Pretty much what I did in college. Hah. Hah. Hah.

Oh yes! Yes, I do remember that one thing we had in common from our college days. Yes, that professor/student/administrator/homeless person WAS kooky. Hah. Hah. Hah.

Well, I still see John/Bill/Susie/Hans/Romeo every now and then. Did you hear Cody/Beverly/Tom/Tim/Quinn got married? Yeah, I was a groomsman/usher/invitee/not invited.

...

It's been great seeing you again! We should keep in touch! Because clearly we like each other enough to have maintained contact over the last 3/5/10 years. No, I'd rather not give you my phone number or email. Let's just keep this casual. How about a promise to "facebook" you that I have no intention of following up on? Yep, that sounds about right.

Anyway, have a good weekend!

2 comments: