Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blast From the Past: James Lipton

Okay, I'm not going to claim credit for this. I didn't find it. I got it off of Warming Glow. But, for anyone who didn't see this, it turns out that James Lipton, of Inside the Actor's Studio fame, has also been a composer. In fact, he was the credited composer of the Thundercats theme song. He was also a Parisian pimp in his younger days.


Now, I'm not going to go into the sordid details of how awesome Thundercats was. I believe Mr. Tuxedo already touched on that with his wonderful post regarding the allure of that cartoon vixen, Cheetara. I always had to be Snarf when playing Thundercats as a child. I was probably also Orko when we played He-man but I don't remember. It sucks being the younger child. I was always -- ALWAYS -- Luigi. Mario was a mere fantasy for me.

But back to James Lipton for a moment. I'm sure all celebrities did all kinds of jobs before they happened into the easiest/most lucrative jobs on earth. Harrison Ford was working as a carpenter when he got cast as Han Solo. Diablo Cody was a stripper before she wrote Juno. Gary Busey was an actor before he became a nutcase. Canadian Tuxedo was a world-class bag designer-cum-mail sorter before he became a blogging superstar. Everyone's gotta start somewhere. Except for James Lipton. Who apparently went from pimp to Thundercats composer to talk show host to prison warden.

He is truly blessed, a king among men.

Bow before your new god.

All hail, Lipton.

No comments:

Post a Comment