Saturday, April 17, 2010

You Call That a Meal?

Look at those.

What are they? Bacon-wrapped somethings. Whatever they are, they're delicious.

But they aren't a meal.

Hors d'oeuvres leave you hungry. It doesn't matter how much you eat, you still feel like you haven't eaten shit. I could eat shrimp cocktail, crackers, hummus and brie cheese until they came out of my pores and seeped from my hair follicles and I still would want to eat a pepperoni pizza afterward.

I need something substantial. If you ate nothing but amuse-bouches and hors d'oeuvres for the rest of your life, you would die of obesity related things and yet never be fully satiated again.

A single hot dog at a ball game feels like a meal. 50 pigs in blankets feels like a snack. That makes no sense but its true. The trick has to be combining the mini-snack things with real meals.

Next up: Pizza topped with pigs in blankets. A single slice and I'd be done. And diabetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment