Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Panopticon of Guilt

From Wikipedia:

The Panopticon is a type of prison building designed by English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham in 1785. The concept of the design is to allow an observer to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) prisoners without the incarcerated being able to tell whether they are being watched, thereby conveying what one architect has called the "sentiment of an invisible omniscience."[1]

I live my blogging life in a Panopticon of Guilt. Posting so late at night, no longer being able to post while at work, attempting and failing to manage time in order to post while doing a laundry list of other things, including laundry. You think I like these things? I assure you, I don't. I don't know how people are able to play Second Life. "Maybe you should spend less time doing things that aren't blogging..." MAYBE YOU'RE RIGHT, DAD.

It will get better. Right? Right.

Right?

2 comments:

  1. Why so seeeerious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duke Leto Atreides IApril 14, 2010 at 12:24 PM

    god called;
    panopticons are small-time.

    ReplyDelete