Friday, April 16, 2010

Have You Seen This Man?


I have. I see him on the TeeVee, when he gets in fights with Doug Weight like he does in this picture. We can all watch Darroll Powe if we like now, because he plays in the NHL, for the Philadelphia Flyers. But this time four years ago, only nine people could watch him fall asleep in Friday French class. I was one of those lucky few. I had french class with a professional athlete who I now cheer as a member of my favorite team. It's an interesting feeling, and I pity the people who sit next to me during games, because I shout about how I had French class with Darroll Powe. "Really?" "Yeah!" But then I don't have much else to say.

But soon I intend to ramp it up a bit, and pretend like Powerhaus and I were really good friends. If he scores, "OOH UNE MARQUE POUR DARROLL! C'EST BIEN! You know, Darroll and I always said 'C'est Bien' in class together...also, that's a lovely cardigan."

Or if he commits a turnover, "QUEL DOMMAGE! You know, Darroll was always fumbling his pens away in class, funny to see some things never change. Another lemon square?"

The truth is, we had class five days a week for three and a half months together and he slept for maybe 25% of it, and didn't talk unless called on for the rest of it. Why would he? He was going to make $532,000 in 2009-2010, and it wasn't going to be because of French. He gets paid because he hugs Doug Weight so well. Honestly though, his final presentation was literally a picture posterboard of famous French-Canadian hockey players. I was riveted. It was easily a C effort. BON TRAVAIL DARROLL! Win again tonight, my burly Canadian ice dancer. Win for Madame Beaumont's class. Win for me.

/cuts lock of hair

//mails it to Darroll Powe

2 comments:

  1. ALIMENTER LA MAISON, PUH-POWE!
    sourire à mon visage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had chemistry with Mike Richter. And Chemistry class too.

    ReplyDelete