Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Never Do Your Taxes On Birthday Eve


It's just a terrible idea. One minute, you're cruising along on turbotax, thinking you're going to get a refund like all the other years- a little birthday present from yourself! And then all the numbers turn red instead of green. And then they keep asking you questions, and the numbers get higher, but they are still red. What is going on? This is not my beautiful house! This not my beautiful wife! But it is my tax return. And it is shitty, online, and smirking at me. Like match.com. I don't even have the heart to file it yet. I'm going to wait until I can see through the blurry haze of tears in seven days and submit it then. I like America, I just wish it took my money away from me in smaller increments so that I don't notice as much. Is there a way to do this? Can the sanctity of Birthday Eve be preserved? Isn't there a level 7 that can reign this in a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment