Friday, February 5, 2010

TGIF OMG!!!11!!1!

I thought this week would never end.

I woke up with this song in my head:





It's a pretty kickass way to start your morning.

God, this week has been interminable.

All week long, I've just been looking forward to the Super Bowl. It has made these 5 days unbelievably long. And now there's still two morning days to go. But those days are weekend days. Glorious, glorious weekend days. Days when I can drink too much knowing that I can sleep in the next morning and not have to feel like I'm going to throw up on my desk. Days when I can play video games and watch movies till 3 or 4 in the morning. Days when I can not put on real pants until 8 or 9 at night, without fear of reprisal.

Until I was something like 15, I had Sunday school on Sunday mornings. As you can imagine, this was just about the worst thing ever. It was made better by the fact that I wasn't drinking heavily at that age and so it wasn't like I was hungover. But having to be at synagogue for "religious education" at 9 am every Sunday was brutal. I had visions of happy little atheist children snuggly tucked in their beds. They were warm, cozy, Nietzschian bundles of happiness. They knew, of course, that God is dead. And that waking up early on a Sunday was proof of it. The only reasons a person should ever be up early on a Sunday:

1. Football game watching
2. A subset of which is football game attending
3. Baseball game watching (it's okay to fall back asleep during the game)
4. Baseball game attending (only if its nice outside)
5. Sex
6. Masturbation to stave off hangover, promptly followed by the roll-over-back-to-sleep combo
7. Non-office related cool job (like film actor or secret agent or pirate)
8. Puking if seriously hungover, only if followed immediately by back to sleep

So, as you can see in this highly scientific, well-researched analysis, going to Sunday school is not an approved Sunday morning activity. I'm totally making my kids go.

Okay, one more song to get you ready for the weekend. Is this the most metal band with the most metal video ever? Maybe. It's definitely one of my favorite albums of the last five years. I heard of this band on one of Drew Magary's blogs. If you don't know, he's the funniest blogger out there. He writes a weekly column on Deadspin during the NFL season called the Jamboroo and he also has a weekly mailbag on there on Tuesdays. Also, he writes on Kissing Suzy Kolber. What's that you say? You're completely uninterested in what blogs I read or who I find funny? Well-played, clerks.

Play me out, Mastodon.



No comments:

Post a Comment