Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My eye! I'm not supposed to get pudding in it!

From the window in my bedroom I can see the playground of the preschool next door (don't tell my parole officer, please. I CAN'T GO BACK THERE MAN! I'M TOO PRETTY FOR PRISON!). And it's all snow-covered and beautiful. Why when you're a kid do they make you stay indoors for recess at the exact times you want to be outside playing? When it's snowing? Awesome. When it's raining? Sweeeeet. But they make you stay inside. Is it really that much more dangerous to play outside in precipitation?

Since I don't have to drive, I still look at snow like a small child. Wheeeeee! It's snowing. And I stomp around in it. And frolick down the streets. It's quite disconcerting for passersby. All they see is an Amish leprechaun (seriously, the beard is getting out of control. I'm going to start going by the alias Brother Hezekiah McShanus) running around like a joyful toddler while the rest of the adult world screams to the heavens: "Damn you, white demon rain!" What did the snow ever do to you? Exactly. Enjoy it. Because before you know it, it'll be 110 degrees and you won't be able to walk outside without sweating like you're Viggo Mortensen in a bathouse.

Also, a nuts and bolts note: I changed the comment settings so you don't need a google account or anything to comment. So feel free to, y'know, comment. Add funny-ness. Or say hurtful things. Whatever.

3 comments:

  1. That bathhouse scene is pretty awesome, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Since I don't have to drive"...or know how to.

    zing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah nuts.

    I'm also not too pretty for prison. Why don't we rub that in too? huh?

    ReplyDelete