Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Starbucks. Literally.


So my birthday was a few weeks ago, and that was all well and good. But something odd happened. Not peculiar, just a little odd. My Aunt gave me a Starbucks gift card for my birthday. Which was nice- at 24 I consider myself lucky that I get anything. Now, I'm not really a "Starbucks person". I like coffee- don't get me wrong. I like it so much I have a little pot at my desk and I make my own, so I don't go broke buying Starbucks coffee. But regardless, gift cards are never bad things to have. None of what I just described is odd or peculiar. I know this.

You see, my boss also gave me a Starbucks gift card. I thought this was a nice, unexpected gesture from him. "I thought I'd get you something I know you can use," he said. While my coffee pot sat next to me at my desk. And this morning I used it to buy bananas and some almonds. I was putting it back in my pocket when I glanced at my receipt.

Remaining balance: $95.88

GOOD GOD. I have $120 to spend at Starbucks. I don't even like the idea of Starbucks getting $120. I would rather have $120 to spend at Planned Parenthood. Also, Starbucks will not let you buy gift cards with Starbucks gift cards. I know because I called and asked them.

So I'm leaving it up to the four people who read this blog to vote for what they think I should buy from Starbucks using the gift cards. You can leave your vote in the comments below. If I suspect you read this blog, and you don't vote, then that vote will count toward spending it on bananas.
So you're voting for:

a.) an overpriced coffee mug

b.) an overpriced adult-contemporary music CD

c.) an overpriced french press

d.) trying to trade the gift cards for adult erotic services on craigslist*

e.) coffee

*If this wins, I will post the Ad and any responses (male or female) on the blog

Have at it. Or else, bananas. I'd be fine with buying two bananas every morning. I'm going to do it anyway, it just depends on where.

6 comments:

  1. I vote for D. Over and over again. And my vote should count twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to go with C.

    D appeals to me at first glance. However, I don't want Canadian Tuxedo to have to suffer either:
    - the guilt of not following through with eager Craigslisters and letting them down, or
    - the guilt of following through with eager Craigslisters so as not to let them down.

    And he usually follows through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just buy fucking coffee.

    /yawns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy yourself $120 worth of apple fritters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. d.
    unless the 'french press' is code for a machine i've imagined that has nothing to do with coffee...in that case, c.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Pheewrap. That man knows what to drink.

    /Imagines Grey Goose martinis
    //Looks forward to Pheewrap's next visit
    ///is a little embarassed about the drunken voicemail he left Pheewrap last weekend regarding both aforementioned topics

    ReplyDelete