Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Borhani Bedroom Moment, brought to you by Manischewitz

David: Let's just see here. I'll just send my friend Mony a quick g-g-g-g-GChat. Well hello Mony! Nice to see you again. Internetically-speaking. *snort* No, I'm just a bit under the weather. Just a little, you know, a little phlegmy. I got shmutz all over my nose and pillow and I'm completely shvitzed from the fever. Maybe I'll just see what my J-Date responses are looking like.

...

Well helllooooooo Shoshannah. I'd say that skirt's hardly kosher, if you know what I mean.

/door opens without a knock

Mother: DAAVID! What are you doing?

David: Motheeeerrrrr. I told you to knock before coming in my room. I'm writing my blog and chatting to Mony.

Mother: Ooooh, how IS Mony? Tell his mother I say hello. You know, you could learn something from him. He makes Mony money.

David: I know, Mother. We've been through this.

Mother: I'm just saying, if you made a little more cash, maybe you could meet a nice girl. I told you, the girls down at the beauty parlor, you know, Sadie and Bess and Rebecca? Well, they told me that Francine's daughter Sarah is in town to her residency. HER RESIDENCY. She's a doctor, you know? And apparently, quite the looker...

David: I'm a doctor too, Mother!

Mother: Oh, a PhD. Bubkiss. That and a dollar fifty'll get you a cup of coffee.

David: Mother! I'm a leading biochemist.

Mother: Yes, yes. Very nice David. But I wanted a REAL doctor, someone who can take care of me when I'm old.

David: I'm perfectly capable of taking care of...

Mother: You can't even take care of yourself! You haven't got pants on! It's almost 2:30 in the afternoon. What? You can't just sit here all day in your underpants playing with your ding-dong.

David: MOTHER!

Mother: Fine. Fine. I know when I'm not wanted. I guess I'll just go sit in the living room and wait to die.

...

Mother: Do you even care? About your poor old mother?

David: Uuugggghhhh. Yes mother. Of course I do. I'm sorry.

Mother: Good. Then put some pants on. You've got a date with Mitzy Schoenbaum's daughter Delilah at 6:30. I made you reservations at Minksy's.

...

David: Oy vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment