Friday, May 7, 2010

A Retrospective


"I mean, yeah, it's easy to look back and say you would have done things differently. Do I do that? Well, I try not to, but yeah, I do. It's not like I was my idea. I didn't make me. I didn't market me shabbily. People said I was going to fail, and then everyone thought it was a big deal when I failed. Like, do you know what it's like to be born with people telling you that you're a terrible idea? I think I'm lucky I lasted as long as I did, to be honest. Sure, they had ads showing people enjoying my soda-coffee taste, but those people were paid to look like they were having a good time. And I think everyone knew it. I certainly did. It's rough, sitting around on the set of those commercials while the actors talk about how foul you are. Like, I'm right here, you're holding me in your hand, and that's how you're going to talk about me? And we're supposed to do a kissing scene later? That's showbiz, I guess. I'm kind of glad I never took off, really. I'm just kind of a novelty act now, like Barry Bonds and the Pope. No one really believes in me, they're just glad I was a big deal once- but they're all glad to be back in their comfort zones. In a way, so am I, I just get to hang out with Mountain Dew Code Red all week. But there's no way I'm going to hang out with Crystal Pepsi. Shit's gross, man."

No comments:

Post a Comment