Thursday, August 5, 2010

Seasonals.

A couple weeks ago I purchased a case of Samuel Adam's Summer Ale. It was a fun surprise for Canadian Tuxedo, who was coming to visit for a party. It was an even more fun surprise for me, when I took a sip at CT's urging.

Instead of bitter, flowery flavor I was treated to a scented, swollen sin of modern brewing.
It tasted like a diaper. It tasted like a diaper because it smelled like a diaper, and then it tasted like a diaper. Regardless, CT and I gulped through our bottles, he with new resentment and I with a fresh sense of guilt.

I returned to the distributor from which I purchased said shit-catching drinks and asked for a different, comparable case. There was no dicking around:
"What's the problem with the beer, bro?"
It tasted like a baby human's diaper.

Now I've searched and searched for an image to replicate the reaction I got from this poor peddler of pints when I revealed the secret ingredient of Samuel Adam's Summer Ale, but to no avail. It is without an ounce of irony I introduce the embedded photo below.
This is almost precisely the face I was offered.


No comments:

Post a Comment