Sunday, August 29, 2010

No More Chunky Soup

I acknowledge the universal nature of this blog. I mean, the topics are varied, for Christ's sake.

I understand that the Centaurs sleep in the ether; tucked away in the craggy folds of windswept seaside cliffs on the planet Lovetron. But somewhere, back on Earth, a major American sports town is happy to see an old act take his final bow.

I am talking about #5. Donovan McNabb: aka Jellopuddins.

Two short weeks separate pigskin enthusiasts from NFL Opening Sunday. Fans of GangGreen will gird up their loins and get behind the same organization that has represented their fall ambitions for the past seventy-seven years. But this time, things will be different. There will be less pain this year, regardless of whatever weekly dramas unfold on that grassy hundred by the corner of Broad and Pattison.

Allow me to show you exactly why Jellopuddins had to leave. You know exactly what is coming, but that doesn't make this any easier.

Tolerance is a camel, and this represents oh so many straws:



Briefly, two things about this that (barely) make me smile:

1.) #7 Mike Vick hanging his head in absolute shame. Again.

2.) #10 DeSean Jackson playing along until things get too weird. Then he looks a bit confused. Then his crashes into Jason Avant, just like the stormtrooper and that damned blast door.

Ah, yes.

/breathes deeply
//exhales

I've been smelling football lately.

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: Canadian Tuxedo has selected QB Donovan McNabb as his backup in the 12th Round of his fantasy draft. I've never booed myself harder.

    ReplyDelete