Friday, February 11, 2011

Tested


This is what awaits me
on the path to my first exam.
I am concerned.

History. American History. I have mastered you, I believe, and am prepared to be examined. I enter the classroom to find a handful of other students seated and studying in their final moments. I follow suit. A gaggle of asshole wanders in shortly after, making laughter and ruckus.
Fuck the police...keep studying, Whofleck!
Our professor enters and hands out the work. After a cursory scan of the outline I begin to fill in the appropriate bubbles associated with intelligence. After a few minutes, Dr. Best Lecturer Ever speaks up:
"It's hot in here, right? Too stuffy. Would someone mind opening a couple windows and letting some fresh a-"



FIRE ALARM FIRE ALARM FIRE ALARM
EVERYBODY GO STAND OUTSIDE NOTHING IS BURNING JUST DO IT
FIRE ALARM FIRE ALARM-

We march outside, most of us laughing out of surprised and soon-to-be defeated spirits. We stood there and got cold, scribbling like maniacs against the crawling loss of potential review. When we do eventually reenter the building, we have lost about half of our allotted time.
Our professor explains that ten minutes will be given at the beginning of Monday's class to finish the exam. For now, she says, keep going.
I keep going. I molest the multiple choice. I eradicate the true/false.
I rape two of five short-answer essays.
Time. Is. Up.

Excuse me, Dr. B.L.E., but would you be opposed to me bringing in my finished three short-answers and just tacking them onto my exam?
"YES."
I just don't feel like I could physically write the remaining answers in ten minutes, and we lost more than that outside.
"YOU CAN DO IT."
Okay.

/shakes fist at sky
FUCKING ISLAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment