Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What Are You Doing With Your Life That's So Great, Rabbit?



Jesus that is some sweet sweetness. Roy's dead now, but only to people who believe he was human to begin with. Roy's Black and White Night concert special found its way into my stocking this year, because Santa really follows through with those Amazon.com links. Elvis Costello and Bruce Springsteen are playing backup to this man. From wikipedia:

"Orbison often excused his motionless performances by saying that his songs did not allow instrumental sections so he could move or dance on stage, although songs like "Mean Woman Blues" did offer that. He was aware of his unique performance style even in the early 1960s when he commented, 'I'm not a super personality—on stage or off. I mean, you could put workers like Chubby Checker or Bobby Rydell in second-rate shows and they'd still shine through, but not me. I'd have to be prepared. People come to hear my music, my songs. That's what I have to give them.'"

Oh, and his wife was hit by a Semi in the '60s. God damn it Roy Orbison. You and your perfect songs. Except Pretty Woman. I actually kind of dislike Pretty Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment