Wednesday, January 26, 2011

There's Snow Excuse


Gaaah it snowed today! It's going to keep snowing! Gaaah! I love snow hysteria, and I try to overreact and sustain it as much as possible. Snow does awesome, silly things to people. Normal rules cease to apply.

For example, dogs just start shitting everywhere. There is no effort to clean up the dog's shit if there is snow on the ground. I do not know the logic behind this, nor do I own a dog. I just now that the ratio of snow on the ground to dog shit on the ground is approximately 1 : 2 when it snows. Granted, this also means there is old dog shit on the ground when the snow turns to slush and then melts.

Also, I saw an old man just back up into another car today. He watched me watching him do this. He might even have hit the car behind him because he was watching me watch him. But it was snowing, and he just backed up his parallel-parked sedan into the volvo wagon parked behind him. It was like he was using the curb on his driver's test, but with another person's car. Now maybe this is something that would have happened even if it wasn't snowing. But he probably wouldn't have looked at me, shrugged, and then driven off if it hadn't been snowing. "IT'S SNOWING, WHHADDAYAGONNA DO?!" I keep waiting for someone to tell me that I don't have to go to work tomorrow. I mean, it's not going to happen. But I can pass the time by shining my maglite out my window at people walking by. It's actually great fun, when drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment