Monday, January 17, 2011

Advice(r)

Ring Ring!

Whofleck: Hello? Dr. Trumble?

Dr. Trumble: Speaking. (dead inside)

Whofleck: This is Whofleck, I think you are my adviser and I'm in your English 135 class on Mondays and We-

Dr. Trumble: Of course! How can I help you!? (god I hope he didn't read those bios we wrote in class)

Whofleck: I just wanted to set up a meeting and discuss some concerns with my degree audit and ask you some questions about the literary community here at Poop State.

Dr. Trumble: Shoot. (long pause, what is he expecting?)

Whofleck: ...pardon?

Dr. Trumble: Go ahead, what's on your mind? (oh shit, son. flood gates)

Whofleck: Well, I wanted to go over my academic plan and try and outline everything for maximum efficiency regarding requirements. Also, I'd like to talk about dodging the language requirement and what I've gathered are PE requirements.

Dr. Trumble: Go on. (wait, is this the meeting?)

Whofleck: I took six years of German in high school and successfully scored out of the requirement when I attended college the first time. (shame) To me it seems silly that I would need to retake the same exam...also, after four years of not speaking German, I doubt I could pass again. The gym thing is just stupid to me, which the athletic history on my transcripts should make obvious.

Dr. Trumble: We'll see what we can do. (oh, we will, will we?)

Whofleck: So...tomorrow?

Dr. Trumble: Tomorrow morning, my office. Also, the campus literary and arts journal is the Abaddon Review. I can give you more information on that when we meet. (and so it begins...)

Whofleck: Excellent! Thank you so much, Dr. Trumble. I'll see you tomorrow.

Dr. Trumble: One more thing, Whofleck. (fuck fuck fuck fuck)

Whofleck: Y-yes? (jesus christ!)

Dr. Trumble: Happy MLK Day. I loved that bio you wrote in class.

Whofleck: (smiling) Happy MLK Day, professor.

2 comments: